September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
This month, and throughout the year, we honor the children currently battling cancer, the families who love them, the clinicians and other caregivers treating them, the survivors of childhood cancer, the children who lost their lives to childhood cancer, and the researchers working to conquer childhood cancer.
Our mission at RCF remains as important as ever as we continue easing the impact, raising survival rates, and ultimately finding a cure for pediatric and young adult cancer. Learn more about our research here.
This is why we do what we do. We must find better treatments for this deadly disease!
- Cancer is diagnosed each year in about 400,000 children and adolescents ages 19 and under worldwide
- Cancer is the leading cause of death by disease past infancy for U.S. children
- However, thanks to better therapies, more than 80% of U.S. childhood cancer patients now become long-term survivors
- Survival rates vary depending on the type of cancer
- About 483,000 childhood cancer survivors live in the U.S., with many more around the world
Let's cure childhood cancer. Together.
Support our mission with a $100+ donation and receive a Rutledge Cancer Foundation Pediatric Cancer Awareness month yard sign! *Evening with RCF sponsors receive a complimentary yard sign.
Use or follow these hashtags on social media:
#FindingACureTogether #PediatricCancerAwarenessMonth #RutledgeCancerFoundation #AYACancer